Part-Time Ministry Assistant
Ballardsville Baptist Church seeks a part-time ministry assistant to support the pastor, staff, and church with assigned responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, perform detailed, high-quality work, and exceed expectations and deadlines.
This individual will be creative and solution-focused at taking the initiative to create and implement more organized, efficient, and money-saving processes. You must be able to bring projects to closure, adapt to changing environments and technology, and be capable of prioritizing and handling many and varied tasks at one time. The ministry assistant must maintain and keep confidential information and respect all individuals. This work will be performed at Ballardsville Baptist Church in Crestwood, KY.
The ministry assistant must be willing to become an active member of Ballardsville Baptist Church.
Specific Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reception/Hospitality: Answer phones; route calls appropriately. Check voicemail. Welcome building visitors and members. Assist members with various tasks to support their ministries.
- Event Planning: Coordinate event planning and logistics with ministry volunteers, creatively promote events for best marketing to targeted audiences, help coordinate & supervise event volunteers as needed, and follow up after events for future improvements and data capture. Maintain church calendars. Reserve spaces for meetings, gatherings, and events, including private parties reserved by members.
- Accounting: Review, process, and pay invoices using Realm Accounting software, online banking bill pay, and check signing. Coordinate with the finance team to support the preparation of the monthly financial reports. Solicit vendors and obtain bids for purchases of goods and services. Order supplies as needed from various vendors.
- Graphic Design/Marketing: Develop and update various items, such as digital weekly announcements, brochures, reports, forms, postcards, letters, roadside banners, apparel, and promotional flyers that reflect the vision, mission, and branding of the church. Create graphics and videos for announcements, sermons, missions, meetings, and ministry events.
- Online Presence/Social Platform: Responsible for web design and maintaining current information. Maintain all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Business).
- Data Maintenance: Develop, implement, and maintain the current database (Realm) to efficiently minimize time on day-to-day tasks. Maintain audience list in MailChimp for two accounts. Sync unsubscribes with Realm database. Regularly import new email addresses from Realm. Maintain facility repair history and maintenance schedule. Coordinate volunteers and/or contractors for maintenance and repairs. Maintain MS Access database to aid in keeping data on new movers in Oldham County and tracking new guests.
Software Experience Preferred:
- Required: Office 365 (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook). Preferred or willing to learn: Realm, Adobe Premiere, Planning Center, MailChimp, Canva, Photoshop, Google Suite (Forms, Calendar), Sign Up Genius, Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Part-time: 4 days a week, ≈ 30 hours a week.
- Initially, two weeks of vacation annually w/longevity increases.