Danleyton Baptist Church is seeking a bi-vocational pastor. We are members of the SBC, Greenup Baptist Association, and the Kentucky Baptist Convention. Established in 1939, we are doctrinally conservative and believe the Bible to be the unchangeable, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. Our congregation is diverse in age. We have a volunteer minister of music and currently utilize a praise band playing a mix of traditional hymns and contemporary worship for the incumbent pastor to utilize in conducting worship services if he sees fit. We have two trustees and four deacons. Our attendance is usually 20-30 in person with an additional 10- 20 attendees on our Facebook service. We have beautiful facilities including a gym with a warming kitchen and a newly renovated sanctuary. We are looking for a pastor who is interested in bringing in new families and growing the church both in numbers and spirit.
- Must be born again with a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and called to preach by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by a body of believers through ordination as stated in Acts 20:28.
- Doctrinal soundness, believing the in the infallible, unchangeable, authoritative Word of God.
- In theological agreement with the “Baptist Faith and Message” and be committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in scripture
- Must be qualified to minister as required in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Prior experience as a pastor preferred but not required.
- Plan and conduct worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; and lead in the observance of the Ordinances of the church.
- Lead the Deaconship and lay members in visiting hospitals, nursing homes, shut-ins, and members and prospective members.
- Equip the church officers, deacons, and ministry teams as they perform their specific ministry tasks.
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and caring for persons in the church and community.
- Will conduct biblical counseling, funeral services, and weddings as needed.
- Will cooperate with the associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and support the work of Southern Baptist missions and the cooperative program.
Interested candidates, please mail your resume to the Pastor Search Committee to Danleyton Missionary Baptist Church, 5953 State Route 503 Greenup, KY 41144 or email to email@example.com by January 31, 2022.