The Student Minister of Grapevine Baptist Church should be:
- A Christian with a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A mature individual
- Teachable with a desire to learn and grow as a person and leader
- A Calling, not a career. Called to Student Ministry – long term commitment.
- Experienced Student Minister
- Prefer College Degree with a major or minor in Ministry.
- A Southern Baptist in Doctrine and Theologically Conservative
- Married with supportive wife
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Team Player- work well with others
- Understand today’s youth culture
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Media Technology experience
The Student Minister is responsible to the Pastor to:
- Plan, develop, and accomplish a balanced program for students involving grades 6 through 12 in evangelism, discipleship, ministry, worship, fellowship, etc.
- Set a vision for the student ministry.
- Involve students in outreach, ministry and mission opportunities.
- Involve students in the overall ministry of the church.
- Connect with students in the community, school lunch, sporting events, etc.
- Connect with parents involving them in the overall student ministry – keeping them informed, via regular contact and available as a resource person.
- Lead regular leadership meetings involving youth leaders, Sunday School Youth Department; Youth Committee, etc.
- Enlist a balance of men and women youth leaders through nominating committee.
- Provide leadership development of students and workers to expand the student ministry.
- Provide training opportunities through the church at the local, state, or national levels.
- Network with Youth Workers in the Little Bethel Baptist Association and community.
- Draw up a yearly Student Ministry BUDGET and work within that budget.
- Assist and serve as a resource person to Children’s Ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.